Thursday, October 18, 2007

Selected Entry # 1

My Incredible Hunk
by Golda Garcia

It all began with a class picture we had in college. My college classmate Cristina happens to be Dino’s classmate way back in high school and they are also neighbors. One time, Cristina was showing our class picture to Dino and his friends, asking who they want to meet or date sometime. He chose the one beside me but Cristina thought it was me he was interested with. So she gave him my number and pager number (so ancient times) and we eventually became good friends.

So when we first met, he was surprised but a good surprise though (he said I was prettier than the one next to me in the picture). There was no physical attraction or romantic spark between us so I don’t see myself liking him more than a friend. After a lot of talks on the phone and a couple of meetings, I feel he’s falling for me. I wasn’t into him because I had a boyfriend and I only saw him as a friend. We managed to remain special friends even if it hurts him to hear my stories about boys and stuff. But then, as the time passed, I broke up with my first boyfriend, had series of next boyfriends and still, he was there for me all way. I really appreciate him being there when I cry, when I just want to eat pizza for free (he treats me all the time) and when I just plainly want to feel loved w/o asking for it.

I guess “his being patient & concerned with my very complicated life and unpredictable moods” and “still keeping in touch w/o the strings attached” paid off after six years. After a long time not seeing each other, he invited me to go with him to a freestyle concert at his school. I was waiting for him when I saw this gleaming super good looking guy at the lobby. After all this time, I can’t believe why I could be so blind not to see this. It was Dino with a well built shape, his hair cut short, clean shaved and hot outfit, holding a bouquet of Holland tulips…that made it all happen. He once asked me what type of guy I usually have a crush on. I told him “romantic, basta chubby and mabango tignan”. He is the exact opposite.

I never knew that during our “not seeing each other” period, he was at the gym body building and overhauling fashion sense with a romantic touch to become my “incredible” hunk. How could I not sense this coming when all he does is to please me? Everything he does is to show how much he loves me and that’s all he wants to do all these years…love me. What can a girl ask for?

It wasn’t hard to love him if only I open my heart to him a long time ago. The only thing holding me back is that I was afraid to lose our friendship if ruined by a commitment type of relationship but what the heck, I finally free fall to his arms. With God in our hearts, I think nothing will go wrong. I’m glad I realized it sooner before Dino changes his mind of loving me completely. January 9, 2003, we were officially a couple. Our terms of endearment before are “tol” and then became “cutie”. This year marks our 4th year together and a decade of friendship. He was there when I first fell in love and now, he is my last.

Golda Garcia will marry his hunk Dino Ajero on January 9, 2008 at Notre Dame De Vi Chapelle / Fernbrook Garden Venue 2

No comments: